Monday, July 21, 2014

Celebrations

Summer Party, Day 20

We had two reasons to celebrate on July 20.

1. National Ice Cream Day
A day devoted to my favorite dessert!  Well, a day devoted to my favorite dessert next to fudge, key lime pie and seven-layer bars, all three of which are better when served with ice cream anyway.

I made a cake in honor of National Ice Cream Day. After I made the cake I realized I don't really like cake unless there's ice cream on top.  I called Weston, who happened to be out and about, and asked him if he had any plans to stop by Wally World. He said, "I'm there right now."  Hallelujah!  It was meant to be.

He brought home some ice cream so we didn't have to miss out on the holiday.

And it's a good thing we had cake and ice cream on hand because...


2. A new little person entered the world!
Daughter Gnome and her husband William the Bruce had a baby boy yesterday. He joins older sisters Heavenly, Hoolie, and Ladybug.  We're sure excited to have another grandson and can't wait to meet him in person. He doesn't have a cool blog name yet. I'll have to think a while on that one.  

My heart swelleth...



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations- he's edible!!! Yup, you're turning into The Waltons! You'll soon have to have a family tree page on the blog, complete with joining lines and annotations; I'm ashamed to say I've lost track of who's whose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't blame you for losing track--I feel like I do too sometimes, compounded by the fact that some of my "relatives" aren't blood related all all, just heart-related. I'll have to think on that family tree idea--it sounds like a good one.

      Delete

You won't be paid for it, but at least you'll know that you have contributed intelligence to the universe...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...