On my internet travel trips I have lately seen several tutorials on how to make faux blue glass jars. It's very simple really and I have been itching to give it a try. Here are the steps if you want to try too:
1. Rinse glass jars after the contents are gone. I used peanut butter, pizza sauce, spaghetti sauce, and pickle jars.
2. Soak the jars in water to remove most of the label.
3. Use Goo Gone to remove the sticky label glue left on the jar. Thoroughly wash and dry the jar.
4. Pour some Mod Podge into a small receptacle--one that is large enough to accommodate a paintbrush.
5. Squeeze a few drops of food coloring into the Mod Podge and stir well. I like purple better than blue, so
I used 2 drops of blue coloring and 3 drops of red.
6. "Paint" the colored Mod Podge onto the glass jar. I painted the rim first and let it dry before I worked my
way around the jar. Make sure you have enough "paint" on the brush to make a continuous stroke down
the jar from top to bottom. If you try to paint over a section that you already painted before it's dry, it will
Aren't they yummy? After I did these, I couldn't stop...
So I made more and tucked twinkle lights inside for a romantic feel. They don't look as purple in this light but they add atmosphere to my kitchen counter.
Maybe red and green for Christmas? Bright green for St. Patrick's Day? Yellow to hold a bunch of sunflowers? Pink for a little girl's room? Orange for a pencil holder?