Saturday, September 24, 2011

30 Days of Joy...............Day 9

Narrowing today's joy topic was tough. I tried to choose between three selections, and finally thought, Why do I have to pick only one? Is there ever too much joy?  Nay, there is not. [I reserve the right to avoid holding myself to the same standard for future posts. Knowing myself as well as I do, I know that before you know it, I will have ten, twenty, thirty ways that I experienced joy that day, and what would be joyous about that?]

Joy #1
Learning new tricks! 
A friend surprised me with about sixty ears of corn from his garden. Although I am from Iowa, there is no way I could eat that much corn before it spoiled so I blanched it preparatory to freezing it. The internet told me that if you stick the ear of corn in a bundt pan, the process of slicing the corn from the cob goes much more smoothly. How slick is that? 

Joy #2
Surprise Guests!
Weston was off on an "It's Free Day at the National Parks" adventure with BioDad, and Computer Geek was getting ready to go out of town with his son, Neo. I was facing a quiet evening at home, all alone. With sixty ears of corn. Luckily, when Neo came to pick up Computer Geek, he brought along his sweet little niece. Little Hoolie was thrilled to help me eat some corn, so we made a candlelight dinner out of it.



Joy #3
That moment when your speed of pouring the pop is exactly the same as the speed with which the bubbles dissipate, so it seems like you are endlessly pouring. 
It only lasts a few seconds, but it's mind-bending while it's happening. 
Okay, so I get amused easily.

Where did you find joy today?


4 comments:

  1. Granddaughter, corn on the cob, candlelight dinner. Yep, JOY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Auntie M: The only thing missing was a plate heaped with garden-fresh tomatoes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I would love some corn on the cob now! Another great post Randi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. septembermom: You are welcome to come over any time for some corn on the cob. I have so much it's coming out my ears. Ha ha ha! I crack myself up.

    ReplyDelete

You won't be paid for it, but at least you'll know that you have contributed intelligence to the universe...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...