Are ya ready Auntie M?
Well all right, Quangsters, let's go!
I couldn't resist.
1. Ballroom Blitz by Sweet from 1973. The song starts out:
"Are ya ready Steve?
Well all right, fellas, let's go!"
And then the head banging begins.
2. Love is the Drug by Roxy Music from 1975.
"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me."
3. Sunshine Superman by Donovan from 1966.
This was correctly guessed by Ken, and I assume S. Superman. Nice job, fellas.
4. Shining Star by Earth, Wind and Fire from 1975.
"You're a shining star, no matter who you are. Shining bright to see what you can truly be."
5. Straight On by Heart from 1978.
Ann Wilson. The only woman on the earth who can truly sing according to Computer Geek.
6. Aquarius by The Fifth Dimension from 1969.
"When the moon is in the seventh house, and Jupiter aligns with Mars. Then peace will guide the planets and love will steer the stars." Must not have happened yet. Correctly guessed by Auntie M. Yay!
7. Take Me Home, Country Roads by John Denver from 1971.
Correctly guessed by septembermom and Auntie M. Good job! Did you know this is now the theme song for West Virginia University and has been played at every home football game since 1972? One of the highlights of my life was seeing John Denver sing Calypso in concert. Majestic. We miss us some Henry Deutschendorf. (And I will have you know I spelled that correctly on the first try.)