Tuesday, October 25, 2011

30 Days of Joy...............Day 28

Today I heard one of the most joyous sounds known to man--

--the thumping washing-machine sound of a nine-week-old heart beating.

I was fortunate to be invited to daughter Em's ultrasound. 

Only nine weeks and a tiny heart has already started the journey that will cause it to beat for the next seventy or eighty years, second-by-second, without fail.

Through the miracle of the ultrasound screen, I witnessed the rapid thump in the baby's chest, blinking like a lighthouse beam, and drawing our eyes toward the miracle that we call life.

Only the size of a grape, and already I love it.

7 comments:

  1. Only eighty years!? :)
    I can understand why it's a day of joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ken: Ok, ok, I meant a hundred. :)

    Auntie M., Jill, and Becky-Thanks for sharing my joy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. septembermom: I was so glad she let me tag along...

    ReplyDelete

You won't be paid for it, but at least you'll know that you have contributed intelligence to the universe...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...