Hello, my faithful Quangsters! I know I have been ranting monotonously about my upcoming move to the point where all of you are saying, “I get it---you hate to move, right? Sheesh!”
Because I try to be a positive person, and because there is nothing that will destroy my optimistic mood faster than the word “nomad,” I decided to make a list of all the reasons I am happy as a clam* to move. This should be a refreshing change.
10. The sooner I move; the faster I can plant flowers.
9. I have been acquainted with, and love, the last 5 inhabitants of the new house, so it comes pre-installed with a good aura.
8. At least this time school will be out when I move. Unlike the other times I have moved in the last thirteen years, I will not have to go to work the next day.
7. I get two weeks to transition from one house to the next. I will actually have time to clean the old place well before turning it over to new people.
6. We will only live about a block away from the dirt hills where my son loves to have bike accidents.
5. Friends have offered to help move and to prepare dinners for us during the transition time.
4. Wood burning stove! (Don’t worry, that’s not the stove I have to cook on.)
3. The new place comes with a built-in security system: two peacocks who live in the front tree and caw raucously when anyone pulls up.
2. I get to live in a house with its own name: The Toothpaste House—so called because of its Crest-blue colored exterior.
And the number one reason why I can’t wait to move:
1. Rent that is $200 cheaper!
* I now know where the expression "happy as a clam" comes from---clams are always happy because they take their homes with them!