Monday, July 1, 2013

July Photo a Day Challenge OUT MY WINDOW

This month I am playing along with a challenge issued by Amy at The Idea Room. She encourages her readers to take a photo based on a theme that she selected, one for each day in July. Since I'm a notorious slacker-blogger, I thought a daily prompt would be the kick in the tushie inspiration I need. If you want to participate you can see her July list HERE.

When I look out my window, my brain sweetly overlooks the fact that I am peering through a screen or a dirty (shocker!) glass. The camera is not so merciful.  I toyed with the idea of stepping outside to take these shots but dang it! I AM A BLOGGER WITH INTEGRITY!  Even though it means my photos may look blurred or un-focused, I want to show you what I see when I look out my window, not what I see when I go outside and stand in front of my window. And although the challenge is to take a photo a day, you can bet your sweet bippy [name that TV show!] I will run on endlessly with commentary every day. That's how I roll.

The rose bush I see from my living room window. I can smell it from there too.

The red roses I can see from my bedroom window.

The view out my back door window; my little oasis of serenity under the plum tree.




Stay tuned for tomorrow's challenge: Reflection

7 comments:

  1. Ah, the slacker is back. Lovely view you have. And that TV show is, of course, Laugh In.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got it! Laugh In it is! Loved that show.

      Delete
  2. Oh, Randi! You live in such a beautiful area, and your windows look perfect to me! (Bet your sweet bippy? --- Laugh-In, of course!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another Laugh In fan! Thanks for the sweet comment. :)

      Delete
  3. P.S. I thought of you just a couple of days ago when I heard....the first time of the season....Locusts/Cicadas!! :)
    BUT, their "music" always used to mean the end of summer was near. At least that's how I remember them for years and years. But the past few...I have heard them in July. We've had really rainy and cooler temps this year. I feel like I'm living in Tacoma again :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! And I thought of you a few weeks ago when I heard that some placed back east were inundated with locusts! I still miss that sound. And fireflies. (Send some rain my way! Our grass is getting crunchy and we are on restricted water use.)

      Delete
    2. That is funny! We'll be thinking of each other every summer, for as long as we live!(Hopefully!)
      We don't call 'em fireflies here.....we call 'em lightning bugs! :)

      Delete

You won't be paid for it, but at least you'll know that you have contributed intelligence to the universe...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...