Wednesday, July 24, 2013

July Photo-a-Day Challenge EAT and SMELLS DELICIOUS

Doubling up here to get caught up....



EAT

During the summer a plate of tomatoes from the garden can be my breakfast, lunch, supper, elevensies, four o'clock tea, my 1:00 A.M. snack, or all of the above. When offered, I have never said, "No thank you--we have enough tomatoes."  If I can't eat them fast enough I freeze them and later make spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce, and soup base out of them. In my dream world, tomatoes grow even in the winter.


SMELLS DELICIOUS

I assume this category was meant more for food, but when I thought about which food smells the most delicious to me, well, then we are back at tomatoes again. My front entryway is graced by hot pink, blush, peach, crimson, white, and yellow roses. The accompanying scent is indeed delicious.

Even Chunk thinks so.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, those tomatoes. And roses. And Chunk. A perfect threesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought tomatoes were just tomatoes until I was educated by an expert who ate them virtually every day. I'm envious of the roses...we really miss the roses.

    ReplyDelete

You won't be paid for it, but at least you'll know that you have contributed intelligence to the universe...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...