Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Regarding Anonymous Comments

Hello Quangsters,

I have a favor to ask. If you get to a comment section before I do, and see a comment from "Anonymous" please do not click on any link that is attached.

I don't want my readers to come down with a bad virus from visiting my site.Also, I don't appreciate people who come to my blog and use it as a forum for their wares. 

Usually I get about ten "Anonymous" comments a day. Luckily Blogger catches most of them first and sends them off to the garbage can.  On the few comments they don't catch, I have to go in and manually delete them so my readers don't have to be bothered by them. 

I would never have a salesperson sitting in my living room waiting for you when you come to visit and I don't like spammers leaving anonymous comments for Quangsters.

I am hesitant to enable the comment verification code for leaving a comment. That would get rid of the anonymous spammers, but it would also require my readers to have to type in a nonsense word before leaving a comment. I'd rather spend a little bit of time each day in deleting the anonymous comments on my own. I guess if the problem escalates, I may have to reconsider, but for now please ignore the anonymous spammers and don't click on their links no matter how tempting (cough!) they may appear.

Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. Even if you have the comment "protector" turned on, anonymous comments still get through. Although it goes directly your email or publishing page where you can quickly delete it. Those spammer programs must have fun trying to identify what silly word google is going to ask for!

    Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jed: Hello! I didn't know that the anonymous messages would still get through. There goes that option. That's good to know. I'm really amazed at how many of them Blogger detects. All comments, even anonymous ones come to my email first, but most times when I go to delete them, Blogger has beat me to it.

    We are doing fine here. Looking forward to another Iowa winter? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think "looking forward" is the word choice for an Iowa winter! :)

    ReplyDelete

You won't be paid for it, but at least you'll know that you have contributed intelligence to the universe...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...