Friday, June 5, 2009

Internet Explorer Problems UPDATE (new items in red)

Recently, Internet Explorer users have had issues either when trying to get on my blog, or when trying to comment on my blog.

There seems to be a few different issues:

1. You are unable to make a comment on my blog.

2. You try to access my blog and get an "Operation Aborted" message.

3. You try to access my blog and it repeatedly loads my page until you have multiple pages of my blog on your computer and it crashes your computer.

I have been in contact with Blogger and apparently this is a known issue with Internet Explorer users only. Firefox users have not noticed the problem.

So far, the only fix that Blogger says has solved the problem is for the blog owner to move their "Followers" down to the very bottom of the sidebar (which I did) or to remove it altogether; either will have the same effect. They are still working on the problem. New Note: Another suggested fix is to have the comments from readers shown in a pop-up box instead of embedded, the way I had it. I have now changed the way the comments box looks. I also removed the Followers gadget.

I have been in contact with some of my readers regarding this issue. If you are having this issue and have NOT been able to leave a comment, please email me: foreignquang at gmail dot com. {sorry for posting my address that way, but so far I have no spam--yay!}

Please tell me which of the above issues you have been having. Also, if you have problems AFTER I have removed the Followers and changed the commenting format (June 8, 10 a.m. MDT) please email me and let me know.

Thank you so much to all my readers, especially Janice, who have patiently borne with this problem in an effort to help us discover the cause.

16 comments:

  1. No problems so far. I'll let you know if anything weird happens. Have a good Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. septembermom: Thank you, I would appreciate that a lot. You have a good one too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had that problem on quite a few blogs lately. I thought it was my computer. Good to know.

    I'm not sure what genre you write. If it's romance, you might want to stop by my blog. I'm hosting a contest for romance writers. You can check it out at: http://lynnettelabelle.blogspot.com

    Lynnette Labelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had the multiple-loading thing happen a few times on your blog and another page (can't remember if it was a blog...I think not). It's fine today.
    BTW - I thought of you the other day when I picked a cute little pink sweat-jacket up in a parking lot and hung it on the fence....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynnette: Thanks for the information about this bug. I'm glad to know that it's not just my blog! I was quite relieved when I saw that it was a known issue with Blogger. I'll most definitely stop by your blog--I love writing and reading romance.

    Jill: If the multiple loading thing happens again on my site, will you let me know? We are trying to see if the multiple loading is caused by the same thing as the Operation Aborted issue. I've had no complaints since I moved my Followers to the bottom of the page as suggested by Blogger. That's cute about the jacket! At least it wasn't in a tree! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm writing this as fast as I can, hoping to sneak in before the Mr Smith from the Matrix thing happens! Here goes...pressing Post Comment

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just got the operation aborted message. Am scared now because usually, in a minute, your site would start multiplying and then crash my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Janice sent this by email: Sorry, Randi - the page replicated and I had to rip the battery out of my laptop again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, I'm trying to see what happens. I got a security warning box when I first clicked into comments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, that went all right.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Auntie M: I'll keep my fingers crossed! What kind of security warning did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  12. The message says..Do you want to view only the webpage content that was delivered securely? This webpage contains content that will not be delivered using HTTPS connections, which could compromise the security of the entire webpage. Yes or No. I chose Yes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Auntie M: Hmmm...never heard that one before. It sounds like you chose the correct answer? I hope?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Here goes, fingers crossed...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks to everyone who has been working with me and letting me know what issues you encounter (especially Janice who takes a big risk in crashing her computer every time she visits.) I am trying out a different comment format because some have said they keep getting asked a yes/no question that ignores their response. So, we'll try this way and see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete

You won't be paid for it, but at least you'll know that you have contributed intelligence to the universe...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...