Tuesday, September 4, 2012

How to Insult Women Without Really Trying

Weston turned fourteen the other day. Old enough to know better, I would think.

In conversation with his sister, Em:
"You should get on my trampoline and jump. It holds 250 pounds."

In conversation with me, his selfless, devoted, adoring mother:
"Mom, you could even fit in this hammock. It says it can hold up to 300 pounds."

We're so fat that between the two of us I think we could tackle him and sit on him until he apologizes. 


4 comments:

  1. Randi--hi, I'm sorry but this is the only way I have to get a hold of you! This is Erin from The Todd & Erin Favorite Five--you've won a $25.00 Office Max gift card for your clever advice for Back To School! Could you please email me your complete mailing address and phone to tiptcow@gmail.com, and I'll get you card sent to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Auntie M.: We had a nice long talk about that, for the benefit of his future wife. :)

    Erin: Thank you! I sent you an email with my information. Everyone else: I love Erin's site--check it out when you get a chance! http://www.thetoddanderinfavoritefive.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your last line made me chuckle I have to admit :) Missing you!

    ReplyDelete

You won't be paid for it, but at least you'll know that you have contributed intelligence to the universe...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...